What do I need to put on my label to legally sell my candles?

Under the General Product Safety Regulations 2005, it is required that all producers and distributors of any potentially dangerous product must be fully labelled with information and warnings relating to that product.  Our candle safety label contains all the relevant information and warnings your customers need to know about safely using your candles.

As well as a candle safety label your candles or melts must also be CLP compliant.

The CLP Regulation (for “Classification, Labelling and Packaging”) is a European Union regulation from 2008, which aligns the European Union system of classification, labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures to the Globally Harmonised System (GHS).

CLP's are required by law when selling products with hazardous ingredients.

Read our CLP guide on Candle College here.