SFC 16L Wax Melter - White Enamel
Our SFC 16L Wax Melter was designed with you in mind. Whether you’re a DIY-er making your own candles or a professional business, the SFC 16L wax melter will help you get the job done with ease. Perfect for melting a range of home fragrance and personal care ingredients, our wax melter ensures consistent temperatures and can be easily controlled. With its beautiful white enamel finish, you’ll never worry about having an old-fashioned heating pot on your countertop again...
100% Secure payments
Free shipping on all orders over £250
30 days refund policy
Wholesale Wax Melter
Are you looking for the perfect way to melt wax in larger quantities? Look no further than our SFC 16L Wax Melter – White Enamel. This wax melter is capable of melting a variety of elements, including wax, butters, solid oils, soap bases, and more. Whether you’re a home crafter or a business, the SFC 16L Wax Melter offers a perfect way to melt, store, and pour wax in larger amounts.
This wax melter is made with a cold-roll steel body covered with a white enamel coating. With a plastic lid and handles, our 16L melter comes with a thermostat, a timer and stainless steel tap to ensure you are melting your products and pouring with precision.
With its easy-to-use design, the SFC 16L Wax Melter is perfect for those who want a simple and efficient way to melt wax. It’s ideal for customers, makers, and businesses who want to get the job done quickly and easily. Thanks to its durable construction, this wax melter is sure to last for years to come.
Please note, as your products melt from a solid to a liquid, the space condenses, and the level reduces. Always ensure you put enough product into the melter to hit the minimum line once melted.
Approximate Product Dimensions
- Height - 380mm
- Width - 480mm
- Diameter - 350mm
- Power - 230V/50-60HZ, 2000W
- Capacity - 16L
- Temperature Control - 50-100°C
- Timer - 120mins
- Durable Leak Proof Tap
- Easy Clean
How To Use Our Melter
Before you begin, ensure your stainless steel tap is in the off position (lever facing left). Add your product to the pot, between the minimum and maximum lines. It should not exceed the 'MAX' line and not be below the 'MIN' line, otherwise the tap won't work correctly. Connect your melter to electricity, and set the thermostat to your desired temperature (left control), as well as put your timer to a set time (right control). If the middle switch is selected ‘On’ an alarm beep will notify you that the base has reached it’s temperature and your product will begin to melt. Once it reaches this set grade, you can turn off the alarm and adjust your timer clockwise to suit your required manufacturing time. Alternatively, you can turn the timer anti-clockwise to “continuous” to allow the melter to keep heating constantly.
When you are ready, slowly release the tap to remove the melted product, the machine will be hot so be careful during this step. When finished cut the electricity, turn off the thermostat and turn your timer to off ready to use next time.
Please note the switch above the indicator light is to enable the timer alarm function. This does not affect the heating process and the melter can be used when this is turned off.
- Remove packaging before use.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth before use.
- Take care when handling the vessel and any metal surfaces whilst it is in use, as these will be hot.
- This product uses an AC power supply with a rated voltage of 230V / 50-60HZ.
- Do not use if the plug or wire is damaged.
- Do not use if the if the power plug is not fully inserted into the plug socket.
- Do not bend the wire or exert force onto them as this may cause damage.
- Do not insert the plug into an overloaded socket or extension lead. The current should not exceed the limit of the socket.
- Do not use the product in damp places, close to flames or heat sources.
- Make sure the power switch is "off" before unplugging the power cord from the socket.
- Make sure the melter has been unplugged before pouring out the remaining wax and cleaning the product.
- Use the product on a clean and stable work surface.
- Do not turn on the product if there is no product in the bucket as this can cause dry burning.
- Do not immerse the product into water/liquids as this can cause electric shock.
- Do not remove the product lid when the item is in use.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If smoke or burning smell is detected, unplug immediately.
- Always turn off the item and un-plug when not in use.
- The indicator light it to advice the melter is working correctly, please note this does not stay on continuously.
- Due to the style of lid, condensation can build up causing excess water, please bear this in mind when using the melter.
Care & Maintenance
- Ensure the power supply is switched off before cleaning.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not immerse in water or any other liquid.
- Ensure the tap is clear of any wax after using to avoid blockages.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning materials as this can scratch the surface.
- Excessive scale build up can occur and affect the performance of the heating components, therefore descaling is essential to maintain the product. To descale we recommend adding a few spoonful's of baking soda or vinegar into the bucket with a small amount of boiling water and left to soak. Rinse with clean water and dry off with a dry soft cloth. To clean the exterior use a damp soft cloth when the melter is cool.
Wax Melter FAQs
Why does the red light go on and off?
When using a wax melter the ignition light will alight when you first set the temperature and timer gauge, this is to advise the melter is working. It will again alight to advise it is working to the temperature set, it is not a constant light and is normal for the light to go on and off throughout the melting process.
My melter is beeping – is there something wrong?
The beeping on your wax melter is completely normal, this is the Timer Alarm. The Timer Alarm is activated by the middle switch on the front of the melter– when switched to on “l" the alarm/beeping noise will sound to alert you the temperature you have set is met and the products are now melting. The alarm can then be switched to off “O” and a timer should be set to how long you want the melter on and heating, alternatively you can turn the timer control dial anti-clockwise to “continuous” for the melter to stay heating at the set temperature.
How long does it take to melt all my wax/soap?
When using the wax melter, melting times differ for each product being used and how much is being melted. Different substances and materials in each base will affect the melting time, this would be a case of testing the product and finding out what works best for you. You can also checking the melting point of the product, this is usually found on the MSDS. Remember, the melter is designed to melt slower and gradually to reduce the risk of burning.
Is it normal for the melter to melt the centre of my product first and eventually the sides?
Yes, the melter is designed to heat slowly to avoid burning. The heating elements are on the base of the melter therefore please allow time for the heat to conduct upwards and remember to stir occasionally to disperse the heat throughout the wax or soap.
My tap is blocked, what do I do?
If you have turned the tap forward to the central position and the melted wax/soap isn’t coming out this maybe blocked. We suggest to wait to allow the stainless-steel tap to fully conduct heat, with the temperature set on continuous to melt the substance in the tap. Alternatively, a heat gun can carefully be used on the tap to melt the solidified wax or soap inside.
The temperature on the dial is different to my thermometer?
Our machines have a 5-7 degrees variable to separate thermometers due to the material components used to keep the melters consistently warm. We recommend pouring out the melted wax/soap into a separate jug before adding your fragrances and making the perfect end product.